Effective date: 23 June, 2021
What information do we collect?
Information Provided by Users directly:
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- When you reach out to us, we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth, or email address.
- Customer Support: When you contact us, you can provide us with information about your use of the Services, including information about the Anker electronics and/or consumer products ("Products") that you own, your Name, phone number, email address, shipping & pick-up address, Invoice copy and Issue details , so that we can provide customer support. For example, you can send an email to Customer Support that contains information about our Roav Dash Cam performance, and other issues.
- When you communicate with our customer support staff or others, your communications will be transmitted through our systems.
Automatically Collected Information:
- Server logs: A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Anker’s servers automatically collect and store in server logs certain information, such as: your search, IP addresses, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referral URL, and certain cookies that identify your browser or Account.
- Web beacons: A web beacon (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) is computer code that communicates information from your Device to a server. Some of Anker’s Services and communications may contain embedded web beacons that allow a server to read certain types of information from your Device, such as your Device IP address.
Our Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Anker to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Services, and improve the Services.
- Functionality cookies, which Anker uses to recognize you when you return to the Services.
- Analytics services: Anker also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyse your information. Generally, analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Voice information: Recordings of your voice that we make and store on our servers when you contact our customer support team.
Publicly or commercially available or shared or third party information:
We sometimes gather publicly or commercially available information, including information from social networks you use, and combine this with other information about you so that we can better understand your needs, interests, and preferences. We do not have access to your Third-Party Account passwords.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Unless legally required, we do not commit to honouring "Do Not Track" signals in your browser.
Children's and minors' privacy
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and use of our platform is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are under the age of 18 years then you must use the platform, application or services under the supervision of your parent, legal guardian, or any responsible adult.
Can you withdraw your consent to our collection and/or use of information?
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personally identifiable information held or controlled by us by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org . Based on the extent to which you withdraw your consent, the functionality of your Services may be affected.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions/requests: We use your information to process the transactions pursuant to providing of Services such as processing any warranty claims.
- Handling your questions or requests about our services, such as answering customer inquiries.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your requests, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related Product or Services information, including sending you updates to our terms and policies and other important messages from time to time. We may also send you marketing and promotional communications we believe might be relevant to your interests.
- Security and privacy: We use your information to verify your details and activity on our platform. We also use your information to promote the security and privacy of the Services, such as investigating suspicious activities or violations of our terms.
- Advertising and business information: We may show advertisements to you and others for our Products and third-party products based on the information we have collected from you.
How is this information shared?
- Internally: We will disclose your information internally within our business, but only to those who need it to further provide Services or to help with your requests.
- We may also disclose your information to the following entities, to the extent that this will be necessary to provide our Services:
- Affiliates: Other Anker affiliate companies;
- Third-party providers/Business Partners: We share your information with third-party providers (such as courier services who collect and deliver products pursuant to a warranty claim process) that we work with to help us operate, provide, analyze, improve, understand, customize, support, enhance and market the Services.
- Third-party services: When you use third-party services, such as through third-party accounts that integrate with the Services, they may receive your information. When you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will apply to your use of these services.
- Service Providers: Selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with customer contact centers, customer care activities, conducting customer satisfaction surveys, or billing, or that send emails on our behalf.
- Regulatory and legal issues: We may also release your information to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our terms and policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your information. We offer the use of a secure server. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to third-party websites on our Services. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Please use these third-party websites with caution. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites.
Please find below the details of the grievance officer:
Name: Gopal Jeyaraj
Designation: Senior Sales Manager
Time of communication: 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM
The Grievance Officer is identified above pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019, and the Rules enacted under those laws.
How can you contact Anker Technology Ltd with questions?
If you have any questions or concerns, there are a few ways you can contact us.
Email us: email@example.com
Call Us: +1 (800) 313 8831 Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM (IST)